1. Well, we've been working on our new video "Burn Inside" first of all, it was an amazing experience. Then, we've been arranging our headliner tour, that means dates, the set list, rehearsals and so on... Then again, we already started talking about our second single and video clip because as it is, we love to keep our fans always focused! And there's so much more to come...
2. You have a new album coming out in August, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
2. This album has a totally different sound in comparison to the others. We've been working a lot on it and we're not afraid to say that Unbroken is our best record so far. It is the best and perfect combination between what we've been so far and what we could have become... more alternative rock, somehow heavier but still melodic... and less Goth.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3. We talk about life in all meanings... Love, pain, death, fights, defeats and victories. And it's all coming from our own life experiences.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Vlad In Tears'?
4. I was the one who took inspiration from the classic Dracula... I've always been a great fan of romantic horror stories, so I wanted to have a band with a name which could bring us into a dark/horror/romantic world... In fact, in the very beginning I used to write using metaphors to describe my feelings. Let's say "Vamp's metaphors" to say what we say today without using any of them no more. But I still love the meaning behind a "man who damned himself cause he lost love of his life" ... "To love forever you have to live forever..".
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
5. We loved and we still love all our shows. They've always been different and unforgettable and I can say we rock the shit everytime we jump on stage. We love what we do and people need to see and feel it.
6. Do you have any touring or show plans for the new album?
6. Of course we do, we gonna start touring starting from the 9th of September and we gonna tour the whole month. Then we take a short break and after that we will tour again!
7. The new album is coming out on 'NoCut Entertainment', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
7. What can I say? We know who works there and we really liked each other from the first time we met, we can't be happier about working together!
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of metal and rock?
8. We're really amazed too see everyday how many people from all around the world are following and want us to play in their countries. There's nothing more important than feeling welcome and loved by so many different kinds of "followers" starting from people who listen mostly to rock music, to people who listen pop/electro and so on!
9. Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
9. Well, I think we gonna be more into the alternative rock scene than the classic Gothic scene because of course we like it but we also want to challenge ourselves and experiment a bit more but without ever loosing our soul.
10. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. Almost all the music we listen to... This is how it works when you're experimenting all the time. Of course we know what we do and what we like the most but listening to music is the first step to keep "learning" and always try to do different things...
11. What are some of your non musical interests?
11. I (Kris) love horrors movies. The old classic ones for example, I love to watch them when I need to "disappear" or for example I use to take some "walks of inspiration" when I just go out, destination anywhere, and see what happens and I write down my thoughts as soon as I see something which gets my attention.
12. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. Yes I do. Thanks so much for always being interested to what we do,. I know it could sound "cheesy" but I mean it. We work so hard every day to communicate to people about all we have to say and it's always a super pleasure to feel listened and "interesting".
You all make this possible and... "We won't fall down..." Promise... until next time: STAY VLAD!