Sunday, May 4, 2014

Alexanred Interview

1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with this musical project these days?



Greetings. Right now I am composing the debut album. After the releasing I will gather the live crew and concentrate on stage performances and making new music videos. That is the plan.



2.You have a new album coming out later this year, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical direction of the newer material and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?



The album will be coming out next year. I am in the middle of the composing process now. If you have heard the singles "Non-Stop Non-Stop" and "Rest After Result" (the latter contains two songs), they are pretty close to the industrial/metal material there will be on the upcoming debut album. And I want to surprise the listeners, of course. However, I can reveal the fact that the plan is to make relatively rough debut album. Not too much soft songs for now. I´ll save them for the future.



3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?



So far I have explored the effectiveness of human. The projects and the deadlines, the pressure and the feeling when you manage to complete your work. Also the ability to go on and leave behind the things that disturb the life. The subjects of the upcoming material will be, among other things, influenced by travelling.



4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Alexanred'?



One of my middle names is Aleksander. When I was thinking about the bands name I wanted to make it personal. That´s how I came up with Alexanred. Of course I must admit that I also was inspired by the fact that it is the name of the great conqueror, Alexander the Great. It also means "defender" or "protector".



5.With this project you work all solo, how would you compare it to working with a full band?



This is the optimal state for me. I am the most satisfied when I create all the music by myself. Alexanred is something that I can not live without. Ultimately, I´m an incurable autocrat. In a full band it is different now - everyone makes own musical parts and we combine them then.  



6.How does your solo project differ from your full time band?



It takes more of my time than 2 Wolves. Alexanred´s music is mixture of industrial, metal and in places even rock. The music of 2 Wolves is going vice versa into more heavier direction and there is much more democracy in the band now.



7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your newer music by fans of metal and industrial?



Alexanred is quite new band and it surprised me how good the feedback has already been so far. I expected much, much worse.  



8.What is going on with your other band these days?



The material for the third full lenght of 2 Wolves is almost ready. We will record the album in August and release it later this year. We had changes in line-up and have no front man right now, so it is most probable that there will be no live shows this year.



9.Where do you see this project heading into musically during the future?



The style will remain more or less the same. In the future of this band there will be softer songs, heavier songs, retro influenced songs, more updated songs, but the original idea will remain the same. There is endless space inside this pretty strict idea.



10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have influence your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?



I am extremely influenced by Rammstein, Lacuna Coil, Delain, Type O Negative, Cradle of Filth, Paradise Lost, Septic Flesh, Within Temptation, Rob Zombie, Prodigy, Scooter, Laibach, ...And Oceans (Cypher-album), Fear Factory, Jenni Vartiainen, Ill NiƱo, Sepultura. The list goes on...



I´ve been listening to Delain´s new song Stardust few days. It´s amazing song. I loved the previous album We Are The Others and definitely going to buy the new one also.



11.What are some of your non musical interests?  



Movies, video games, reading, nature, gym, rowing when it´s summer, travelling...  



12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Rest after result. Don´t wait for tomorrow. If you want to do it, don´t hesitate, just do it. Make the plans come true. Don´t give up.


Best Regards,
Aleksi Susi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment