Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Memorian Interview

1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
Our new album “Seven Sacrifices” was released a few days ago from Metal Scrap Records, and also until next week a compilation of 8 songs that was in our first two albums were re-recorded and will be free for download in the band's website and also to our label website. A few days ago we arrived back home from our first visit in Ukraine. We did a tour for the promotion for the new album and we had an amazing time. We are also working for many other things at the moment for the promotion of our new album!
2.How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous releases?
Well, I believe that the new album is by far the best thing that we have done until now! We have managed to combine many things that I always wanted in my music! It is a really aggressive album but the same time you can find some strong melodies, I am happy that I have finally achive what I always wanted! As far as the differences from any previous release, for me this album is more straight and powerful from any other of the previous releases!
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new album?
Actually you can read about everything in the lyrics! Never was a certain subject that giving me inspiration about the lyrics. I can inspired from a tv show or from the news on tv from a thing that I will see as I am walking on the street! For sure mostly i prefer writing about things that moving us in live and things that make us change and see things deference.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name Memorian?
With my music I always wanted to create thoughts and also bring some memories to people. So the combination of the words Memory and Rain born the name of the band.
5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
For us each show is totally unique! We really don't care who is before or after us! We are trying to give our best, each time ,no matter the circumstances. For sure I don't like to jump like a monkey or something like many modern bands are doing nowadays, I prefer to give all the energy to the people that are coming to our shows through the music.
6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the new album?
As I mentioned before we just finish our tour in Ukraine. We have talking with our Russian agent for our third tour in Russia for next March and also we are examining some other good offers from other countries!
7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to the new album by fans of thrash metal?
Seven Sacrifices” was just released so I dont have a the full picture until now about the feedback. But from what I have seen things are going really great and the feedback is really positive!
8.What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
Except from Memorain I am working as a producer with other bands! For me that is a really great thing!!! I really enjoy been in the studio and recording and mixing! Things are going also great in this, and I am extremely happy!
9.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
Too soon to say something for this now! For sure I can say that we will do our best as always to take Memorain to the next level! In each album we like to make a step beyond at least, so the only thing I can say for the new album for now is this!
10.What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I am a big fan of Megadeth, and I also like Metallica, Testament, Anthrax, and in general bands that comes from that era! For sure I like also bands from the modern thrash scene. I really like all the album that Five Finger Death Punch has release!
11.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
I really like traveling and relaxing, but unfortunately I don't have the time for the relaxing now but only for traveling! :)
12.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thank you very much for the interview! Stay Heavy!

No comments:

Post a Comment